Welcome to the CEBCP Video Library, which houses all of our videos throughout our website in one convenient location. This free video library, most of which is also available our You Tube Channel serves our community as a free information and training resource. A special thanks to our partners at Synthesis Media Productions for creating many of our videos!
- September 2019: Countering Mass Shootings in the U.S.
- October 2018: Partnership with ASC DWC on Improving Justice for Women and Girls
- April 2018: Special Briefing on Progress since the 1967 Crime Commission (all videos and agenda)
- September 2016: Violence and Violence Prevention (all videos and agenda)
- February 2015: “School Safety and Violence Prevention” (all videos and agenda)
- April 2014: “Pretrial Justice” (all videos and agenda)
- April 2013: “Moving Beyond Arrest: Research on Policing and Young People” (all videos and agenda)
- February 2012: Reducing Gun Violence (all videos and agenda)
- See also Christopher Koper’s presentation at Johns Hopkins University on his Assault Weapons Ban Report for the Department of Justice on January 24, 2013.
- October 2010: Congressional Briefing on Juvenile Justice (all videos and agenda)
- October 2009: Congressional Briefing on Evidence-Based Crime Policy (all videos and agenda)
Evidence-Based Policing (general training videos)
- Evidence-Based Policing: The Basics. (from the Matrix Demonstration Project)
- Evidence-Based Policing Workshop 2011
- Evidence-Based Policing Workshop 2012 (from the Matrix Demonstration Project)
- Evidence-Based Policing: Translating Research into Practice (Cynthia Lum webinar, BJA-NTTAC)
- Evidence-Based Policing Training for First Line Supervisors 2014 (from the Matrix Demonstration Project)
- Short research videos of specific project findings (5-7 minutes)
- “Shift Length – 8,10, 12 hours” (Dr. Karen Amendola, Police Foundation)
Campbell Systematic Reviews
- Introductory Methods Workshops (Campbell Collaboration website)
- Advanced Methods Workshops (Campbell Collaboration website)
- “The Importance of Place in Crime” (David Weisburd at Community Justice 2012: The International Conference of Community Courts)
- “The Crucial Question for Crime: Not Who Done It but Where Done It?” (David Weisburd)(Video requires Quicktime)
- “Interview with Mary Lou Leary and David Weisburd, — Research for the Real World Seminar Series: Hot Spots Policing” (National Institute of Justice Video)
- 2015 Joint Annual CEBCP Symposium with the Police Foundation
- 2014 Annual CEBCP Symposium with the International Development Bank
- 2013 Joint Annual CEBCP Symposium with SIPR
- 2012 Annual CEBCP Symposium
- 2011 Joint Annual CEBCP Symposium with the Campbell Collaboration
- 2010 Annual CEBCP Symposium
- “George Mason University’s Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy Honors Leaders in Policing at International Conference” (GMU Media Relations)
- “Taking the Risk and Reducing the Harm: Examining the Application of a Crime Harm Index to Police Prosecution Decisions.” (Chief Constable Peter Neyroud, National Policing Improvement Agency).
- “Imprisonment and Crime: Can Both Be Reduced?” (Part 2 here) (Dr. Daniel Nagin, Carnegie Mellon University)
- “To Flop is Human: Can We (Should We) Invent Orderly/Disciplined/Scientific Approaches to Anticipating Failure to Meet Expectations in Testing Innovations and to Learn from Such Failure?” (Part 2 here) (Dr. Robert Boruch, University of Pennsylvania)
- 2009 CEBCP Symposium
Other Events and Videos
- Christopher Koper and Beidi Dong's Presentation on Mass Shootings in the U.S. at CINA Distinguished Speaker Series - April 22, 2020.
- Cynthia Lum's podcast on Evidence-Based Policing for Criminal (In)Justice (David Harris) - November 13, 2018
- Dan Nagin and Cynthia Lum’s interview on their presentation about “Reinventing the American Police” at the Vera Institute - August 11, 2015
- Cynthia Lum’s lecture on “The Impact of Technology on Modern Policing” (in receipt of the James Smart Medal in Edinburgh, Scotland) - October 22, 2014
- Christopher Koper’s presentation at Johns Hopkins University on his Assault Weapons Ban Report for the Department of Justice on January 24, 2013.
- John Paterson lecture on preventing youth violence, presented by the CEBCP and Police Foundation (December 2012).
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2012 – April 23 and 24, 2012 in Washington, DC and at the University of Maryland
- City of Seattle Council Briefing and Community Meetings – May 2 and 3, 2011. See more on our CEBCP in the News page.
- David Weisburd receives the Stockholm Prize in Criminology
- “Weisburd Wins the Stockholm Prize” (GMU Media Relations)
- “Winner of the 2010 Stockholm Prize in Criminology, David Weisburd” (Interview from the Stockholm Criminology Symposium)
- “David Weisburd Accepts the Stockholm Prize” (from the Stockholm Criminology Symposium)
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2010 – April 19-20, 2010 at the University of Maryland and in Washington, DC
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2009 – April 27-28, 2009 at the University of Maryland and in Washington, DC.
- Senator Webb’s Symposium on Drugs in America on drug trafficking, policy, and sentencing (October 2008).