The Fall 2020 issue of Translational Criminology Magazine is now available! Get new ideas about how research is being translated and implemented in practice and hear from practitioners about what is happening in criminal justice today. Access all issues of TC Magazine here.
Translational Criminology Magazine, Issue 19 (Fall 2020) Contents:
- From the Directors
- Perspectives from the Field
WITH DEPUTY CHIEF TARRICK MCGUIRE.
- Pracademic Highlights: Operationalizing Research or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Consent Decree
BY LOREN ATHERLEY.
- The Massachusetts Safe and Successful Youth Initiative: A Promising Statewide Approach to Youth Gun and Gang Violence Prevention
BY PATRICIA CAMPIE, ANTHONY PETROSINO, NICHOLAS READ, TREVOR FRONIUS, SARAH GUCKENBURG, GARIMA SIWACH, AND ALLYSON PAKSTIS.
- How Police in São Paulo, Brazil, Are Using Data and Science to Reduce Fatal Vehicle Crashes
BY MADELINE SLOAN, KEN CLARY, AND PAULO SÉRGIO DE OLIVEIRA.
- A Comprehensive Framework of Emergency Response Approaches to Vulnerable Populations in Crisis
BY HOLLY SWAN, SAMANTHA KARON, ELYSE YARMOSKY, AND MEG CHAPMAN.
- Special Feature: University Research Centers
BY CYNTHIA LUM.
- The University of Queensland Crime and Justice Group
BY LORRAINE MAZEROLLE, SARAH BENNETT, PETA COLBERT, AND DEBBIE PLATZ.
- The Cambridge Police Executive Program: Proportionality and Evidence-Based Policing against Harm
BY LAWRENCE SHERMAN.
- Policing Research in Crisis? The Role of Research Partnerships in Reforming Policing in Scotland
BY ELIZABETH ASTON, MEGAN O’NEILL, AND PENNY WOOLNOUGH
- The Center for Violence Prevention and Community Safety at Arizona State University
BY CHARLES KATZ, EDWARD MAGUIRE, DANIELLE WALLACE, AND MICHAEL WHITE
- Engaged Scholarship in Police Agencies Has Never Been More Important: A Call to Action from the IACP/UC Center for Police Research and Policy
BY NICHOLAS CORSARO AND ROBIN S. ENGEL
- Reimagining Public Safety: The Policing Project at the New York University Law School
BY MAUREEN Q. MCGOUGH
- In Memoriam: Hubert Williams
BY DAVID WEISBURD