The CEBCP coordinates several special events each year to disseminate new research to the public, including symposia, congressional briefings, workshops, and lectures. All events are free and open to the public.
The CEBCP coordinates a symposium each year to bring together practitioners and scholars, as well as members of our communities, to discuss a wide range of issues related to evidence-based crime policy. The 2018 CEBCP Symposium will take place on June 21, 2018.
- CEBCP Symposium 2018 (Ten Year Birthday Celebration), June 21, 2018
- CEBCP Symposium 2017, June 26, 2017
- CEBCP-Police Foundation Joint Symposium, August 17-18, 2015.
- SIPR-CEBCP 2nd Joint Symposium in Tulliallan, Scotland – October 20, 2014.
- CEBCP 2014 Annual Symposium in partnership with the InterAmerican Development Bank – June 23-24, 2014.
- Joint CEBCP and SIPR Symposium and Congressional Briefing – April 8-9, 2013 at George Mason University Arlington campus and in Washington, DC
- CEBCP Annual Symposium – August 13-14, 2012 at George Mason University
- CEBCP-Campbell Collaboration Joint Symposium on Evidence-Based Policy – August 15-16, 2011 at George Mason University
- 2nd Annual CEBCP Symposium – August 9-11, 2010 at George Mason University
- 1st Annual CEBCP Symposium – April 23, 2009 at George Mason University
The CEBCP’s Congressional Briefings intend to bring leading scientific experts and the current state of evidence in key areas of criminology into the public realm. View videos from our most recent congressional briefing on Violence and Violence Prevention.
- Special Briefing on Progress since the 1967 Crime Commission – (February, 2018; Day TBD)
- Violence and Violence Prevention – (September 27, 2016)
- School Safety and Violence Prevention – (February 10, 2015)
- Pretrial Justice: Research Evidence and Future Prospects – (April 1, 2014)
- Moving Beyond Arrest: Research on policing and young people – (April, 2013)
- Reducing Gun Violence: Lessons from Research and Practice – (February, 2012)
- Juvenile Justice in the Age of the Second Chance Act – (October, 2010)
- Evidence-Based Crime Policy: What We Know, What We Need to Know – (October, 2009)
- Reducing Violent Crime at Places (February, 2009)
- Evidence-Based Counterterrorism Policy – (September, 2007)
Other Special Events and Lectures:
- Cynthia Lum’s lecture on “The Impact of Technology on Modern Policing” (in receipt of the James Smart Medal in Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Joint CEBCP and CJLM Event on Evidence-Based Policing Leadership Training for First and Second Line Supervisors – January 24, 2014.
- Christopher Koper’s presentation at Johns Hopkins University on his Assault Weapons Ban Report for the Department of Justice on January 24, 2013.
- John Paterson lecture on preventing youth violence, presented by the CEBCP and Police Foundation (December 2012).
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2012 – April 23 and 24, 2012 in Washington, DC and at the University of Maryland
- City of Seattle Council Briefing and Community Meetings – May 2 and 3, 2011. See more on our CEBCP in the News page.
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2011 – May 2 and 3, 2011 at the University of Maryland and in Washington, DC
- Stockholm Criminology Symposium – June 14-16, 2010 at the Stockholm City Conference Center. The CEBCP coordinated 14 special panels at this symposium
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2010 – April 19-20, 2010 at the University of Maryland and in Washington, DC
- Jerry Lee Symposium 2009 – April 27-28, 2009 at the University of Maryland and in Washington, DC.
- Senator Webb’s Symposium on Drugs in America on drug trafficking, policy, and sentencing (October 2008).